Friday, July 29, 2005

Picture Book You've Got to See

I just remembered about this book after reading an online post about it. I saw an original illustration by J. Kirk. Richards at the February NYC SCBWI conference. I was rooting for his illustration to win a big prize there....sadly it didn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if Richards got some good clients from it, or had offers to buy it.
If I had extra cash for art, I would have bid on it.
It has stuck in my mind ever since I saw it. I wish I had painted it.
Anyway, look at the book on his site. You can buy it.
(I need to buy it myself, but have to reread the info on buying it.)
His sense of humor, wonderful talent as an illustrator, and the quirky/mellowness of the story always hits me. If I was an editor, I'd snatch this one up, no questions asked.
Richard's work deserves to be seen and known more widely, and I imagine he has quite a following, but I decided to share this treasure here for those of you who may not have seen his work.
Check out the links, and his other pages too. The links are worth looking at.
His wife creates beautiful graphite portraits. (I found that out through the links)

No comments: