Wednesday, February 28, 2007
First Book looks like a terrific organization too. I'm embarrased to say I hadn't heard of it before. I'm going back to read more about it.
While you're at it, check out our Picture Bookies blog. We've got a new group challenge coming up soon, and nearly all of our Feb. entries are in.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
(BTW....someone help me...can you tell I'm procrastinating here....blogging everything I find) Somehow I got on a trail of amazing things, and I've got to blog them before I lose them in my zillion favorites.
Anyway...if you are not one of those murmuring illustrators, check it out. You can sell images there as royalty free art. I'm going to scour my illustrations for work that I wouldn't mind using that way.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Julia Kelly. Go see her work. Her fabric art is amazing. She is also a children's writer, and lots of fun!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I uploaded some cards to my Greeting Card Universe Site. I'm still not totally at peace with some aspects of the image handling and a few other things, but I'm trying it out anyway.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
There are many worthy links here as well if you have the time to check what's on the sidelines of the blog. Here's one http://gregkapka.blogspot.com/,
and there is a painting a day from UK too..
Here's a random cachibachi. I found it while going searching for illustrators and artists, and from another artist's site that I will blog after this one. I love this song for some reason..it must be my Scottish ancestry shining thru. He's from Glasglow I think.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
This is a bit blurry, but you'll see that we tend to like sprinkles in our household. (The cap came off of the sprinkles when they were shaking it). We also aim to please on the frosting flavors, which explains the half vanilla half chocolate icing, It was fun
Another fantastic video shown is of Tom Hershey's Graphic Art and Illustration.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I'm happy at home, "iced in" with the kids and husband after the ice/sleet/snow mix that hit last night.
It's a perfect Valentine's Day....time to bake a red velvet heart shaped cake, celebrate by opening the valentine's day box, filled with little goodies and candy, and be safe, warm and sound together.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
This week's Illustration Friday theme is Crash.
OK... I know I'm pushing it here with the theme....she's holding the teapot very carefully so she doesn't drop it and have it crash.
(I know...it's lame...but I didn't want to post another rooster drawing, which was actually much more appropriate...I needed a change)
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Oberon's work is beautiful. I don't even think she does murals as a business. Maybe this will be the start of some mural commissions.
Friday, February 09, 2007
It snowed here again in VA, giving us a total of a whopping 1-2", which gave the kids a school day, and a 2 hr. delay the next day.
As a "northerner" I still get a chuckle out of school closings for 1" of snow, even though it's understandable due to the roads being icy and slick.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Friday, February 02, 2007
I received several goodies in the mail. A book called Christian Mythmakers by Rolland Hein. It covers C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien, George MacDonald, G.K. Chesterton and others.
Another book about G.K. Chesterton and C.S. Lewis also arrived.
Then we have a wonderful new addition to the Picture-Bookies group. Bron Smith. Welcome Bron! It is an honor to have you join!
Another good thing, was a good friend coming through surgery with flying colors.
The rules are: Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post telling 6 weird things about themself... as well as clearly state the rules. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means."Go to her blog to see the instructions...
Here are the results of 6 wierd things about me. (only SIX?) Any other artists/writers reading this probably have some of the sensitivity issues.....
1. When I read anything, or even see things on movies or TV dealing with specific smells, I tangibly smell them. This can be wonderful, but also pretty disgusting at times. Sometimes it happens when I see things in movies or on TV.
2. If someone has an ache or pain, and tells me about it, I can usually feel it the way they have it, such as headaches, I'd feel it in the same area, and stomach aches, in the way they feel it, or pains in the back, etc. (this is not fun with upset stomach situations or other stomach issues.If someone in a car or vehicle even mentions feeling car sick, I am done for, even if I was fine for hours before. When my kids mention feeling sick, I feel sick immediately, but I do not vomit when someone else does, thankfully.
3. I detest wearing flat shoes unless I am in an uncommonly thin stage. I feel like a fat duck when wearing flat shoes, unless they are running shoes.
4. I can't stand having anything over my ears that would clog them or stop me from hearing, such as ear plugs. I have a mania about having to be able to hear clearly. I'm also extremely sensitive to noise, and excess noise, or off-key singing or offkey, jarring musical instruments.
5.I love to find wierd images in anything..whether it is patterns on the floor of my bathroom, or on the backs of dumptrucks when I'm stuck in traffic, or cloth, stains, etc. And I sometimes enjoy dirty images, such as metal grills on the road, rusted things (not eyesores) broken down barns, spattered stained trucks (what is it about trucks?)
6. I sometimes snort when I laugh, and unfortunately have laughed at a few inappropriate times without being able to help it. Thankfully I can cover it up enough not to hurt people..but it is terrible.
OK. Now I am going to tag:
Thursday, February 01, 2007
There are hardly any large images online. Here is the cover of Pinnochio, and another cover for The Nutcracker. He teaches in an art academy in Florence.