Friday, July 08, 2005

'Knock Your Socks Off' Illustrators

Here are several sites you've got to see. The first three are illustrators I've met online and one I've had the pleasure of meeting in person.
Roz Fulcher's illustrations are a joy to behold. They are made of felt and done in a fabric collage style. They make me want to touch them!
I had the chance to meet her several times at SCBWI events before she moved from the area. Check out her blog
Here's the website of Elizabeth Dulemba, who helped me with my coloring pages (formatting them). Her illustrations are in a book due out soon. Her blog is lots of fun too.
Another illustrator who helped me with my coloring pages is Roberto Sabas.
The website that absolutely knocked my socks off today was Michael Halbert's Scratchboard illustrations! Wow. He has wonderful tutorials about using line art and photoshop.
Roberto pointed me to his site. I love scratchboard and plan to do more of it again.
My cat is scratching my jeans (back end) to get my attention at the moment...gotta SCat!

2 comments:

roz said...

You are so sweet, Amy. Thanks so much for mentioning by blog. I miss seeing you all in person so much. Oops , I mean ya'all! I'm in Texas now, I need to get with the program. =O)

Amy C. Moreno said...

Roz,
How fun to see your comment! I really was thrilled to see my blog mentioned on your site too! What a blessing that was.
Your work has taken off so much lately. I can't wait to see it in many kid's mags and Picture books with big name publishers. I have not doubt that it will be well known. We miss you up here in VA!