Thursday, December 15, 2005

Another Snow Day

Yippee! I love snow days..and this one comes with the added benefit of the snow and sleet not having fallen yet, which gives me time to get out to do some shopping this morning.
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Last night we had the pleasure of attending our local middle school band concert. There's something special about watching and listening to middle school kids play holiday and Christmas music..squeaks, blunders and all...watching them blush in their Santa Claus hats, and seeing their earnest faces when the band director picks up her baton to start the music.
I nearly cried watching them all.
Kids these days are hardworking, fun-loving, creative and diligent. Anyone who doesn't believe it should go to a local middle-school or high-school concert and see for themselves.
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I'll have some links up later on. I have to get to the store before the sleet hits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Wisconsin! This is my first visit, and your first article about snow days and children's concerts really hit home. I just finished shoveling oodles of that beautiful white stuff (just in time for Christmas, YAY!). Also, yesterday was my son's Christmas concert and I, too, was moved by the sincerity and determination in their little (third grade) faces. I thought I was the only one who cried at these things! You're so right, that there's something incredibly beautiful about children singing together, working so hard to do a good job. Thank you for reminding me to enjoy these years (and for making me feel a little less silly for my tears!).

Happy Holidays!
Susie

Amy C. Moreno said...

Susie,
I'm so glad you stopped by! It must be beautiful in Wisconsin! How funny about us both attending concerts...nearly crying.
The kids are so sweet...the parents are just as fun to watch..nudging each other...standing to take pictures and videotape their child..all eager. I love these events.
Thanks for taking the time to read and post a comment!