Monday, August 29, 2005

Some art


My thoughts, well wishes and prayers go out to all in the path of Katrina.

Here's an illo I did for a story about my twin...she's an incredible person...as well as a biker-extraordinaire...long distance biker, etc..
I just wanted to add some color to the blog..so I'm posting this. Hopefully I'll get back to work on the book dummy for this story. The manuscript needs reworking.

I went to visit Robert Sabuda's website yesterday. If you've never gone to his website, go.
He has the most incredible work shown there, as well as links to other paper engineers. He also has a book coming out soon that is for sale with bookplates signed by him. They can be preordered.

The book I ordered a little while ago arrived today.. the Imagineering Way-Ideas to Ignite Your Creativity by The Disney Imagineers. (it's back there in my posts somewhere....I'm feeling lazy and don't want to find the link). The book is just what I wanted. I highly recommend it for inspiration and encouragement to artists, writers and creative people.

3 comments:

Amy C. Moreno said...

Kathy!
Thanks! How are you doing where you are with Katrina having just passed?
Writing and Music are two incredible talents. Do you play an instrument? Sing?
I love this book about Imagineering. I agree with you about the imagineers. Can you imagine how it would be to work with them?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Illo!!

Amy C. Moreno said...

Paige,
Thanks!
I always enjoy viewing your work, so fresh, colorful and fun!