Monday, August 22, 2005

Children's things

Here's an organization I just found out about called Commercial Free Childhood. For anyone writing for kids, or interested in children's education, this is a site to see. The org. deals with marketing to kids, and has a newsletter to keep folks updated about what's in the news.
Here's a blog that I can't believe I've missed in my search for blogs on kid's lit. It's called Book Buds-a good story grows on a kid. It features literary crits on children's books. It's another that will go on my blog links here.
If you haven't checked out Eric Carle's Museum for Picture Book Art, here's a link to the site. The next time I get up to the Boston area, I want to visit it.
Here's a blog that I wish was still going strong as it was around May of 2004, but it's well worth visiting anyway. There are great links to other blogs and kid's writing and illustration sites. His insights and posts were a great read. It's called Reading To My Kid. It seems that he had too many pressing deadlines to keep up with the blog for awhile. If I find an email address there..maybe I'll press him to get back into blogging. (for what my email may be worth)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the mention!
-Anne at Bookbuds.net

Amy C. Moreno said...

Anne,
Thanks for visiting. I enjoyed your blog. It's informative, nicely designed and well worth visiting often.