Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Blogs, Books, & Back to School Banter (& a bit more Music)

Here's a blog to read. It's called The Playful Antiquarian. It used to be called The Paper Doll Chronicles. It's written by "a curatorial assistant in the Special Collections Department of the Harvard Law School Library and a graduate student in archives management at Simmons College." She sounds like the person to contact with tough questions about antique children's books.
Today we're heading out to deal with more back-to-school events, finding out about teachers, schedules, locker combos, etc. It should be an exciting day.
ON a side note, Kathy Holmes recommended Bryan Ferry's music in a post below (the post about Delicious Music) Thanks so much Kathy! I listened to Ferry's music online and can see why you recommend his music. He's on my wish list for CDs now.
Another singer Kathy may enjoy (or anyone who loves the traditional romantic singers, is Joan Manuel Serrat. He was born in Barcelona. He has a similar sound to Ferry's. Another favorite of mine (after my husband introduced me to him, as well as Serrat) is Roberto Carlos.

1 comment:

Amy C. Moreno said...

Kathy,
There are some more I know of, most of them Latin...I'm squeezing my brain to remember their names now. When I recall their names, I'll post them...oh yeah...one is Luis Miguel..what an amazing voice. He has a CD that has famous old songs on it..not sure if it's in English or Spanish, but even if the songs are in spanish..you'll LOve them! Check out the Gypsy Kings sometime too.