Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wrinkle-busters

I just found the greatest cream on the market for getting wrinkles to blur and disappear (seriously...I can't believe how well this works, and I only bought it yesterday. ) It's L'oreal's Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler.
Hey...I know this is a bit off-topic for a children's illustrating and writing blog...but I figure some of you will thank me for this tip when you try it) Besides...for $17.00 at Wal-Mart...it's not too bad compared to what some would pay for face cream. It really is amazing stuff.
Here's another wrinkle-buster...although this is the type that gets rid of mental wrinkles...it's a quote on my calendar by Mark Twain.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great."
(It seems that even Mark Twain had some negative people hanging around him telling him he would not succeed)
I'm actually so very blessed, because my parents always backed me up in my goals as an artist (not an easy thing to do, since it does seem so impractical at times) but they always encouraged me in acheiving my goals).
Here's a wrinkle-buster for those working toward acheiving publication in the children's lit world.
It's Harold Underdown's website. Here are some notes he posted from the Summer Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrator's Conference in LA.
Here's a link to the SCBWI website.
Harold's website is a Must Read for anyone interested in this field.
I'm nearly done with the back to school shopping! I can't believe it's true....
It's like running a marathon...and it wasn't too painful...It seems we hit the store during a lull, because there wasn't the customary mob scene...and they still had glue sticks! I don't know what it is about glue sticks, but it seems every year they are all gone when we go to buy our school supplies.
Now I've got to go iron out some more wrinkles...like a pen and ink rendering that I owe for a client. It's nearly done, and I hope to finish it today.

1 comment:

Amy C. Moreno said...

Kathy,
Thanks for visiting cachibachis. I loved that quote. I'm glad it encouraged you too!
Amy