Sunday, August 28, 2005

New Beginnings

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new school year where we live.
It's a time of nervous excitement for kids and parents everywhere, whether homeschooled, public or private schooled. I have friends in each situation, and one thing I see in common, is that no matter whether the kids are in the same school, with the same friends, or even the same teacher, (homeschooled) it's a new year...things change, curriculums change, kids grow, there are new adventures and challenges for everyone.
I've been searching the Bible to find some comforting scriptures for my kids and myself to grab ahold of.
Here's my favorite one for this time:
Psalm 26:3
The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in Thee.

I have tons more, in fact if anyone wants a list, email me, and I'd be glad to email them to you.
We're going to celebrate with cupcakes and a video later on.

I'm working on a colored pencil portrait now.

Now..I'm off to bake cupcakes...Happy new School-year to all of you and your dear children out there entering into it tomorrow...
may your children have happy, healthy, safe and wonderful learning experiences this year, in whatever schools they attend...
may they love their teachers, (may their teachers be loveable) read fun books, make new friends, keep old friends, enjoy learning, not encounter bullies.....and bloom to their full capacity.

No comments: