Friday, August 05, 2005

Musings of a textile itinerant

Musings of a textile itinerant
If you like textiles, check out this site.

Here's some more children's illustrators and books to look at. I found one called Where Have You Been? By Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by two of my favorite illustrators, Leo and Diane Dillon. I wish they had a website. It's hard to find info about them online. I've listed some here on the blog in the past. Their work is incredible.
Another gorgeous book is Each Living Thing by Joanne Ryder. The Illustrations are beautiful..done by Ashley Wolff. I love her style. She illustrated the Miss Bindergarten series too.
I checked out The Frog Prince illustrated by Binette Schroeder. What a unique style she has. What caught my eye was how she divided up some of the pages and action by using shading, rather than making several spot images on one page. An interesting technique in the page design. It's a great technique to remember.
..sorry..most of the links were in German, and the images were small and only showed one illustration on each one, so I didn't bother adding any here.
Another book that attracted me was The Road to Mumbai by Ruth Jeyaveeran. (sorry..couldn't find good links with images of her work either. This is the only one I could find with an image of her work, and it's fairly dark.) I don't know why there aren't more links with the illustrations of the author/illustrators books online. I loved the colors in her work, and the humor and culture of Mumbai. She's got to be one fun lady.

No comments: