Friday, February 24, 2006

Recommended Books For Illustrators

Here are two fantastic books for illustrators I've ordered. I found out about them from some online illustrator friends or peers whose work I admire, and whose opinions I respect enough to follow their advice when offered.
One of the books is Picture This by Molly Bang recommended by Sherry. The other book is Perspective For Artists by Rex Vicat Cole recommended on the SCBWI list awhile back by Connie and Karen Lee. Sherry reminded me of this one the other day and I finally ordered it. I can't wait to get all of these. (Sherry's 2nd book of children's illustrations should be out in a few months. I'll post the info when it's out.)

Some great news and a huge congratulations for Amalia Hoffman, whose art is stunning and unique. She just sold a book "The Purim Goodies " which she wrote and illustrated to Gefen Publishing http://www.israelbooks.com
Gefen has been in business for over 20 years and publishes Jewish-interest books mostly in English in the U.S and Israel . She knows that it will be a good home for her story which celebrates Jewish humor , tradition and , of course ,Jewish food!
I was delighted to meet Amalia in NYC. She has a wonderful sense of style in person, as well as in her gorgeous cut paper creations and illustrations.

No comments: