Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Illustrators I met in NYC

OK. Here are some highlighted websites from some illustrators I met in NYC. Each of these people were a delight to meet, and their work is unique and well worth viewing.
Shennon Bersani was one of the winners of the showcase. Her work was auctioned off at the highest price there. Amy Hamberry is an illustrator who went out to dinner with a group of us at the Comfort Diner. Her work is fresh and fun to view. I love her work depicting teen and pre-teen girls. Nina Edwards is a top level designer, with a style I wish was mine! .......................More to come..have to publish this so that I don't lose it....the blogger settings are acting up a bit at the moment......

Here is PJ Lyon's work. at www.pjlyons.com. She creates lovely collage type 3-D images. She presented an incredible piece at the showcase in NYC of a rooster with beautiful cut paper feathers and details.
I met Cynthia Cotten, the author of several incredible picture books.
Another very talented illustrator is
Inga Poslitur. She has an exhibit coming up somewhere in NYC soon as well. I had the opportunity to view her sketchbook, full of incredible paintings and drawings of NYC.
Claire Pernice is another talented illustrator.

Ron Chironna is a gifted illustrator, working in detailed, realistic colored pencil. Another illustrator I met at the end of the conference is Jonathan Gies, but he doesn't have a website listed. Tanya Zabinski won the Tomie DePaola award. Her work is well deserving of the award. I'm still adding illustrators names to this list...(even days later)

4 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

A BIG thank you from those of us who could not attend. Your willingness to share your time at the conference is really appreciated!

Amy C. Moreno said...

Ginger,
You're welcome. I'll post more links and comments asap..still trying to catch up with things at home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
This is a great online blog. Thank you so much for remembering me. Might be kinda hard since we have the same name. :)

Amy C. Moreno said...

Amy H,
My daughter loved the girls you illustrated. IS there a place where those coloring books are for sale?
Amy M