Friday, November 18, 2005

Bragging about my Friend....

I got permission to post the good news about my online friend, Author and Illustrator Ruth McNally Barshaw's tremendous news...
She has a book due out for publication in 2007!!! YIPPEEE!
It's being published by Bloomsbury (the original publishers of Harry Potter!! Impressive!!) It's not only written by her, but illustrated as well! It's her first publication and she's done it all!
Here's a link to her site to read more about it.
It's such a joy to see the process a writer or illustrator goes through on the road to publication and then to see them reach their goal with the well deserved reward of publication.

Congratulations RUTH! I'm so proud of you, and can't wait to see the book and buy lots of copies to have autographed with your 'signature style'.

(Ruth is generous to a fault and well known on online lists for authors and illustrators for her tips, wit, humor, honesty and encouragement)

...If anyone deserves to be published for top quality work, as well as skill and talent, you do Ruth!
Celebrate!

4 comments:

Ruth McNally Barshaw said...

Good gosh, Amy, that's a lot to live up to!
Thank you, thank you.
I am lucky to count you among my dearest friends.
With friends like you, a person cannot help but succeed.
Thank you, for all you have done. :)
Now, finish that book! The world needs to hear your stories. :)
Ruth

roz said...

Wow, what fabulous news!
Yes, well deserved for sure!

Amy these blog links you've been posting are fab!
I'm going to be using your blog as a resource for the article I'm writing for CWIM so I hope you keep your blog up in 2007!

roz said...

Wow, What fabulous news!
Yes, well deserved for sure.

Amy, I've really enjoyed the links you have been listing. I hope you keep your blog up and running because I'm using you as one of the blogging resources for the upcoming CWIM article!

Amy C. Moreno said...

Roz,
Wow! Thanks so much for considering mentioning Cachibachi's in your article!
What an honor. I do plan to keep it going.
Congrats on getting an article in CWIM. I just received my 2006 copy. It's wonderful. I'm already using it to get the addresses for some postcards I'm going to mail out.