Sunday, November 20, 2005

Antiquarian Booksellers Assoc. of America

Check out these antique children's books at the ABAA.
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to browse through a bookstore filled with these? Take a look at the list of book catalogs they have for every type of book imagineable! I got started looking at this site because I was hoping to find a CD of The Enschede Catalog of Typographic Borders and Ornaments. I have the book, which is full of ornate, incredible borders and ornaments. They are wonderful, but I'd love to be able to get them on my computer and use them that way. Cutting and pasting these sorts of designs would be quite a challenge. I've checked the DOver books that have CDs, but it's tough to tell online if the quality of the images is as good as Enshede's images. I don't imagine they would compare.

No comments: