Friday, October 07, 2005

A few More Good Books.

My son recommends the Artemis Fowl Files. He keeps telling me I've got to read the whole series. I'm still working on the second Artemis Fowl book.
I'm also reading Arturo Perez Riverte's book Capitan Alatriste. I absolutely love his books. He's a fantastic writer, blending history, romance, intrigue in an intellectually stimulating way. I don't know how to put it into words exactly, but his work is brilliant. I'm listening to this book on tape and highly enjoy the narrator's wonderfully 'Spanish accented English'.

Not much more to write at the moment. I'm still in the midst of the children's book illustrations, which is wonderful, as well as working on a mural some mornings. The mural is nearly done, but I keep forgetting to bring my digital camera to take some photos. I'll try to get some on Monday to post. I can't post any of the children's book illos yet.

No comments: