Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Braces Off!

It's been one of those weeks where all I've done is go from dentist to doctor to orthodontist for either myself or my children. I've had 5 appointments in the past 2 days between all of us..but the good news is....I got my braces off!!! Yes...this is my second time in braces...I had them on as a teen, and then had to get them again (at the same time as my son, which is quite funny). It's been 19 months since they went on, and now they are finally OFF. What a relief..although the follow up retainer biz isn't much fun. The results are well worth all of the work put into it.

Meanwhile the mural is coming along well. I'll try to get some digital pics of it today. I'll also work on getting some more links up soon in the blog. I'm reading Each Little Bird that Sings by Deborah Wiles. I highly recommend it. She's got a wonderful sense of humor and warmth that shines through in her writing. This book makes me want to hang out in the world she has created.

2 comments:

Bea said...

I can feel with you about the braces! I had braces as a teenager for at least four or five years and it was horrible sometimes! But now you can give everybody a big broad smile :o))

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your braces off! I remember how great it felt to get mine off. Remembe to wear your retainer. I never wore mine, and I regret it now that my nicely straightened teeth are slightly crooked in places again.