Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tasty blogs

I enjoyed reading Holli Conger's blog entries about becoming a children's illustrator. There are 12 journal entries covering the process involved in marketing, creating images and all that goes into working as a children's illustrator. Read it and enjoy the links and the process she describes.
Here's a food recipe blog called Delicious Delicious.
For sheer viewing pleasure, go to Oilily's website. It takes awhile to view. I love their clothes and products, and the imagination and creativity in all that they do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh another Oilily fan!!!! I looove their clothes, always have ever since my first and only Oilily pants I had when i was 10 years old. :-D
Thier new website is fantastic, eh?

Amy C. Moreno said...

Tine,
That website is absolutely fantastic. I can't get it out of my mind. Wouldn't you love to be able to work with that company? I searched for a place on the site to order a catalog, but couldn't find one.
Amazing that you actually Owned a pair of Oilily pants. If I was rich, I'd buy their clothes. The prices are rediculous, but the designs are the best, and the quality must be wonderful.

Bea said...

I´m a big Oilily fan, too! Although I have never owned anything from Oilily, but a pencil case and a cosmetics bag! But I have collected a few of their cataloges and they inspire me so much! Have to get the new one...just reminds me...Ah, and I visited an Oilily store, when I was on vacation in the Netherlands! The wild mixture of colors hurt my eyes ;-) but I LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Yes, working for them would be absolutely fantastic!! Wow! The pants were my favorites for ever in stripes in magenta-pink hues.
I actually wrote to Oilily asking about stores in Canada and how come we don't have any (typical) and it was just not possible due to expenses of import and fees and stuff.
Oh my, Bea, I can't believe you actually visited a store...I'd be done for. I guess 'Benetton' clothes were sort of similar in their days. Hmmm, gotta go and check out their website now...the Oilily one is so inspiring!!

Hope to hear from you soon, Amy ;-)