Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WRITE YOUR LIFE workshop -- September 22 + 23, 2007

Ibtisam Barakat wrote the wonderful book TASTING THE SKY: A Palestinian Childhood.
It was one of the rare books that I've read in one night.
If you're anywhere near the workshop, it would be well worth attending.

Subject: WRITE YOUR LIFE workshop -- September 22 + 23, 2007


WITE YOUR LIFE

========
A weekend workshop

September 22 + 23, 2007

10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Sunday


Led by award-winning Author and poet Ibtisam Barakat.

Ibtisam is the author of

TASTING THE SKY: A Palestinian Childhood,
Farrar, Straus and Giroux (2007)

Nationally, Booklist named TASTING one of the Top 10 biographies                                    
for youth in 2007.
Locally, Tasting the Sky is the #1 best selling book
at
the Peace Nook in Columbia
for the past five months).
Cost of WRITE YOUR LIFE weekend workshop:$250. 
Location Access Arts -- 1724 McAlester, Columbia, MO 65201.
To register and for more info:
Tel  (573) 442-9213
Cell (573) 808 – 1936
or Email: i_barakat@yahoo.com 
What former participants wrote:


"This workshop is absolutely phenomenal. My decision
to attend has been one of the most positive and
valuable decisions that I could have made for myself.
I developed, experienced and changed.
It's very empowering."- Tashel Bordere
"I enjoyed this workshop. I learned a great deal and
felt supported emotionally in those areas I felt I
could not face up to. I discovered a few things about
myself and others. Thank you for doing this work. It
is a wonderful gift to this community and to the
world!! I am so glad I came."
- Becky Matsiga
"Thank you for a great workshop! WRITE YOUR LIFE
has been a truly wonderful experience for me.
I will recommend it to my friends."- Steve Buchels.

1 comment:

allison said...

Amy,
Come visit me and come to the workshop :)