Saturday, March 04, 2006

About.com-Article-Boy sticks gum on $1.5 Million Painting!

About.com has an article about a boy sticking gum on a $1.5 million painting at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Yikes! I once saw an elderly man in the Louvre touching a painting by either Vermeer or Rembrant...(wierd that I can't remember..at the time I was so stunned that he was poking the painting ..and not one guard said anything!) I tried to tell them in broken French, but they didn't seem to understand...must have been bad French....anyway...it was shocking. The man was purposely poking at the painting with a malevolent expression on his face.
If you go to read the About.com article...take note of the sponsored ads down below...
I used to be a guard at the Fogg Art Museum in Boston (one of Harvard's Museums). It was a fabulous job. I got the job from a temp agency..hmmmm.....doesn't say too much about the qualifications, but for me it was a dream job...I got to walk around all day and look at fantastic art...in different sections of the museum...wow...a Degas sculpture, Sargent paintings, Renoir paintings, and sketches, visiting exhibits..and then there was another section dedicated to Egyptian and Asian art...huge stone artifacts, bowls carved eons ago...Japanese screens..and it was all hushed...restful...
I loved that job...(except for the blue polyester uniform...)

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Working at an art museum sounds like a perfect job for you. Must've been fun!

- Jay

Amy C. Moreno said...

Robin-Jay-Eve,
It was a great job. Thanks for stopping by.