Sunday, May 28, 2006

More Picture Books From the Library

For days now we've been searching our house for a lost book from library...ironically...we were looking for Where's Waldo. We didn't find it and I paid the bill. (I cannot bear to lose library books, but it's a surefire way to find the book once it's paid for). Sure enough....yesterday I found Where's Waldo in my older son's bookcase. While I was there, bringing back the newly found Where's Waldo...I found some other terrific picture books. The Paper Dragon by Marguerite W. Davol, illustrated by Robert Sabuda in wonderful painted cut paper illustrations.(pages fold out to reveal gorgeous 3 page extended illustrations) Each picture has been cut from painted tissue paper created by Sabuda and adhered to Japanese handmade Sugikawashi paper)
Another book I found was The Adventures of Sparrowboy by Brian Pinkney, whose work is always fantastic.

No comments: