Thursday, September 15, 2005

Go After Your Wish

Here's a quote from today's Insight of the Day. It fits so well with what I'm doing, and being a children's illustrator/writer that I had to post it.

"You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning."
Barbara Sher

Author of "I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was"

I'm working on illustrations for a children's picture book. It's so much FUN! I've done two of the preliminary sketches and one of the colored pieces is nearly done. I wish I could post it, but of course I can't until the book is out.

I've been enjoying Renee Graef's illustrations. She created some of the American Girl illustrations, and Little House on the Prarie book series.

Google now has a blog search. I can't wait to search for blogs on it. I'm surprised it took them so long.
Publisher's Weekly now has a free weekly newsletter called The Children's Bookshelf about Children's publications. You can sign up for it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice blog and great info!
I have a new scholarship for single mother site. It's a scholarship for single mother site for those of you looking for information on scholarship for single mother.
Come and check it out if you get time I would really appreciate it :-)

Anonymous said...

The blogsearch thingy sounds too cool. Wow, amazing what google comes up with.

**sparkles*