Thursday, September 01, 2005

Blink, kid's games and other Cachibachis

I'm reading a teriffic book called Blink by the author of The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell. Both books are thought provoking, and well worth investing the time to read. Blink deals with the thought process, and how we reason things out and make decisions. Read it.
There's a kid's game that I found out about through the Kid's Lit blog. I went to play the game and fell in love with the illustrations, the music, the creativity of the whole design. I wish I had taken part in the project. It's the kind of online kid's game that is not only lots of fun, but seems somehow healthier...or more creative..you'll see when you check it out.
Check out the Ferry Halim's website. The games are at Orisinal there on the site. It's addicting.
I found another blog that I'll have in my blog links on the side. It's called Bella Dia.
She has a wonderful sense of style and a rich assortment of links, interests and posts.
For hands-on/offline kid's games, try the card game 'SWAP'. Our kids love it. It's been an amazing success at our home. I don't know what it is, but somehow it has the perfect combination to keep kids laughing even in the midst of the competition.
One of the kids is sick today..so we're laying low here.
My thoughts and prayers go out to New Orleans, and all those affected by Katrina.

No comments: