Monday, March 17, 2008

Gone so long....


Wow..It's been a long time since I've posted. It's been an especially busy season lately with various family and personal activities at home and around....school fun fairs, prep for Easter, church activities, and lots of art to do. I'll post some fun links I've found lately asap.

In the meantime...Spring is nearly here and feels like it's here in VA.
We've got a pair of birds building a nest in a birdhouse near our kitchen window, buds are sprouting, iris greenery is sprouting from the ground..the forsythia is starting to bloom and the weather has been beautiful lately...and Easter is nearly here already!

5 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Amy, this is gorgeous! The colors the movement and the texture are only a part of what makes this so lovely. There is a genuine feeling of joy and expectation in this lovely illustration.

Anonymous said...

This really is wonderful Amy! I love the colors and the textures! The part that is really special is that I can see your face in her face. I am wondering if maybe Jessica looks like you? Great job!

Cara Carmina said...

Found your blog through jacketflap and I´m glad I did... very nice stuff and this illu is really beautiful...

I think you might like my children illustration blog...

www.caracarmina.blogspot.com

I leave for you some lemon icecream for the weekend...

ciao!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow, I love this Amy! The colors and the technique are very nice. This seems like it would capture any child's attention in a book. Very sweet.

aliceb said...

Oh Amy, that looks like my childhood springs in Northern Virginia! I just love it!
ab