Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Edgar Allen Poe and Harry Clarke

My Edgar Allen Poe book arrived today. I ordered it to get some close-up views of Harry Clarke's wonderful black and white illustrations. (I'm not normally into Poe or macabre illustrations, although I think Edward Gorey is a genius) The book did not disappoint. I am thrilled with the illustrations. It's called Edgar Allen Poe Tales of Mystery and Imagination. There are a few versions, so if you're interested, make sure you get the one with the 24 plates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a version of this same text which has color prints as well and is one of an edition of 2,300 by Scribners. Do you know anything about this edition?

Amy C. Moreno said...

I don't know anything about it, but I love the one I got in black and white. Let me know what you think about the one you get in color. I'd love to hear about it.