Saturday, November 05, 2005

I'm in Trouble Now..............


because......I found the new Yarn shop in town. The temptation is too strong to avoid buying gorgeous, delicious, costly yarns.....
Here's an image of a scarf I'm knitting with two strands of Trendsetter Yarns. Walking into a good yarn shop makes my day. There's an atmosphere like the Christmas season I remember as a child with rich deep colors stuffed in small artful bins and shelves.
I figure that even though I'm busy working on the illustrations, I'll knit while I'm in the car travelling to soccer games, or in dentist's offices.
The illustrations I'm creating are a blast. I'm nearly done with the project, although the deadline is practically here. The most important illustrations for the story are coming up now, so I've got to focus on them. When the book is printed, I'll post some sketches and one or two finished illustrations. I wish I could go back and redo half of them (why does "genius" seem to srike after the illustrations are done?) I plan to redo some of them after the book is out to tailor them to my own ideas.

No comments: