Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunflower




Here's an image of a little girl and her grandfather, first in black and white and then in color.
The color image was painted in oils. (I LOVE oil paint..what a joy to be able to paint in oils.) For years I avoided them due to the fumes from the turps, ( and the fact that my studio is in the area of the house that the kids are in during their free time) but finally started using grumbacher odorless thinner which works perfectly and does not have any odor. My favorite oil paints are from Studio Products. The quality and amazing rich colors are unlike any other I've tried. They're a bit more pricey, but worth every penny.
I also buy my gesso from them, which is in powder form and is fantastic....easy to make and a leap above the quality of the normal gesso in stores.

No comments: