Friday, March 09, 2007

A Few Good Picture Books

I found an armload of picture books to read and reread. One of my favorites is called Mama, I'll Give You the World by Roni Schotter, illustrated by Susan Saelig Gallagher. Not only is the story heartwarming, charming and well told, but the illustrations are like a trip home...warm and comforting. I tried to find a website for S. Saelig Gallagher, but didn't come up with one. Her illustrations are outstanding.
The other favorite children's book I found was another Marge Palatini book. (her work is always a huge hit. (She writes hilarious pun filled books...just check her website for a taste of her humor). This book is called Moo Who? Illustrated by Keith Graves. Keith's website and art are great fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy tooo funny I own books by all these people!!! But I found some I want to buy because of your post!

Amy C. Moreno said...

Sherry,
Don't you just love Palatini's books? ANd the illustrations in the "Mama" book are fantastic. I can imagine you having lots of books in these styles of humor and illustrations.